Friday 3 March 2017

THE HAGS ARE OFF AGAIN!




WELCOME TO THE 2 HAGS BLOG.
We have made the big decision after thinking about it ever since we returned from our UK trip in 2015 to head off again.
It was so much fun we just had to do it.
Hell...who knows what the future will hold and since we can still hold on to our bladders and can walk up a flight of stairs without too many groans its best to take the leap sooner than later.
Us two hags are best friends who have been travel buddies for years.
We know our points of stress and know when to leave the room.
We know when we are at boiling point and think the best way to take in  life is through humor and not taking oneself too seriously.



Menopause does not mean that life is all hot flushes and dry fannys. (Too much information?)
We should be thankful we have lived this long without anything falling off or falling apart!
And for the rest...well there are pills for almost everything now so the solution requires a doctor's visit.

Yes, we snore.
Yes, we cant walk as far as we could when we were 25.
Yes, there may be a few extra nightly visitations to the loo.



But really, while the brain is still functioning we owe it to ourselves to get out there and enjoy life.

Gayle, HAG#1 is the younger HAG.
Divorced with grown children who really dont give a toss what she does is a midwife currently working in the Northern Territory in a place that is a dot on the map.
She tells me the place doesnt even have fresh bread and she reckons all the fruit and vege at the local supermarket must be whatever fell out of the boxes in the trucks that carry food across the red centre.

Gayle is trying to earn a enough to buy a small place for herself and really 'get life'.
She has seen death and bought life into the world - that makes her pretty special.

Me, I am HAG #2 the older HAG.
I am lucky I have my bestie to travel with because my husband is not well enough to travel after a work place injury that makes his life one pain loaded misery. Lucky for me I have his blessing to go traveling and leave him behind. My two girls are all grown up and doing their own thing too and with no grand kids (yet) I am getting in what I can before baby sitting tasks kick in.


Join us as we plan and rejoice in the fantastic opportunity we have to head to England and Scotland.

The point is that just because you turn 50 you dont have to become invisible.

I have done my time looking after elderly parents, now both passed. I have done time looking after my own children and while I have a body that functions I want to see whatever I can - nothing takes the place of life experiences.



I dont want a coulda - shoulda life.

So here we go!






No comments:

Post a Comment