Wednesday 15 March 2017

Booking button pushed faster than a speeding bullet!

After a few squares of dark chocolate to fuel my discounted accommodation booking finger I set the task to book in all our overseas accommodation before those cheap (yet not nasty) rooms disappeared.
It was a good thing that I did do it 6 months in advance as a lot of the hotels and B&B's in our price range were getting thin on the ground.


I rather like the chase of trying to find good discounts and great sites in good spots, but, as you can appreciate, many of the towns will be totally new to us so I am really booking blind.
I have no idea what I might be getting us hags into!

I have looked at trip advisor and checked locations on maps, checked wifi availability and checked free parking on site (not several blocks away) and have tried to tick all of those boxes.

As much as we like a deal I wont compromise on getting total shit holes to save a few $$$ extra.

I'm no longer 25 and can sleep rolled up like a centipede and wake up in the morning looking like an angel.




Us menopausal hags need a little comfort - a close toilet, a mattress that has a bit of give and clean sheets.

But our trip is now booked in full -

We start by landing in Birmingham
we then travel to Stratford Upon Avon
then its to Snowdownia in Wales
then we are getting into the wilds up in Scotland in the isle of Skye
across to Inverness
then to Edinburgh for Halloween (squeel)
we then head to Whitby
then Harrogate so we can go back to Knaresborough and visit Mother Shipton's Cave and York
down to Cirencester in the Cotswolds
and Glastonbury
ending back in Birmingham.

A few days here and a few days there - in total almost one month at around $1700 per person in accommodation including breakfasts at all locations/ free parking and in most cases free wifi.


Now that all of that is set I can really take a look to see if there is anything special I have missed as we can still make changes with free cancellations in many of our spots.

Most bookings were done through booking.com or Expedia after looking at maps and trip advisor and really checking out what the places had to offer.

We were recommended to try some YHA sites but found that they were still expensive unless we wanted to share - and we werent.



If I have gas and need a quick toilet visit ...well you understand!


There is a time of the day when us hags need to take off those bras and get into our old lady undies and that is not a sight that should be seen by the  unprepared public.







No comments:

Post a Comment